An external view of the church, looking
up the High
building is the third to have been built on this site and was opened in
1883. The land was acquired and the first chapel erected in 1841 on
the edge of the old village, but the church is now right at the heart of the
town. The clock tower was damaged in the Second World War but was
rebuilt and completed in 1954.
Visitors frequently comment that the
church has a
warm and welcoming feel to it.
The facilities were ageing and we
have brought this fine 19th Century building into the 21st
Century; making it more accessible, flexible and usable.